Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Christmas Capitol...Strasbourg

Christmas time is here!  Here is our tree we brought from home.  You have to enjoy the pictures here because a few days later I was sitting on the couch and the lights got brighter, brighter, brighter and POOF...they all blew out.  Even though we had a converter, I guess they just freaked out and couldn't take it!  We had a few nice nights with the lights and a couple dinners, including Thanksgiving with the glow of the tree.







The day after Thanksgiving we took a train to Strasbourg, the Christmas Capitol.  There were 9 Christmas markets and we lucked out and missed most of the crowds.  We went around and saw most of the booths before it officially opened so the crowds were at a minimum.  The decorations were awesome and when they put the lights on at night it was even cooler.  We had a great time and loved exploring the city, especially the Petite France area (which looks like Germany oddly enough.)  I would recommend going, but make sure it is before the crowds all converge on the city.
















It was cold!!!
















There were little train stands that sold roasted chestnuts.


The famous Strasbourg cathedral, especially ominous at night.














































Jeremy bought me a lovely little vase from this booth for Christmas (though I should be forgetting about it until one week from now.)  The artist was there and it is fun to have a one-of-a-kind piece of art.  He also bought a beautiful little painting of Petite France in the snow for me for Christmas...guess I have to forget about that too!







Anyone want to meet me at this restaurant in the summer?  Not the big one on the left but the little tiny one on the bottom right of the picture.





















1 comment:

  1. I'll be taking a day trip to Strasbourg from Germany the first week of January. I'm even more excited now that I've seen your pictures. :) Let me know if you happen to want to take another train trip. ;)

    ReplyDelete