Monday, February 17, 2014

Christmas time is here...

Hello family...and extended family!  I took a little blog break for January, but realize there is much to share from the last couple months!  Christmas is Paris is lovely and it is fun to see all of the non-traditional colors that are strewn about every area of town.  Instead of the common American colors of red and green, it is more electric pink and neon blue...festive, nonetheless!  Here is our Hotel de Ville in Neuilly (AKA town hall).  One of the cool things is that every neighborhood also had a carousel for the season and usually some kind of Christmas market.  


We were very sad to say goodbye to our friends Shannon and Forrest Hansen and their kiddos in December.  We are very excited for them that Forrest found a new job that lets him spend much, much more time with his family and wish them the best in Florida.  I have no doubt we will be knocking on their door one of these crazy cold winter days!  

Adalyn and Logan


Shannon holding Thomas and Adalyn and Logan (Forrest was working right up to the flight, so we were sad not to say an official goodbye to him!)


I made some little Christmas gifts for the people we home and visit teach at church.  It was cinnamon bun caramel popcorn...and I highly recommend it!



One Sunday night before Christmas we went caroling with the youth...they are as cute as can be, and can sing!  Here is Abby in her cool Christmas tree hat...that she tricked Jeremy into wearing!




I took this picture for Aunt Janine (I would have bought her the cute little boulangerie, but it was a bit pricey at around $260!)


We went to PA first in our Christmas trip.  I lost my luggage (actually, I almost missed my flight because there were so many people at the Paris Airport!)  We had church the next morning and I borrowed some clothes and sang a couple numbers: I Know that My Redeemer Liveth and a trio of The First Noel with Mom and Erin.  It was the nicest part of the trip home!



KerMichael were leaving for Florida before Christmas day so we celebrated with them on Sunday!







KerMichael's cat (Petunia) bought Mom and Dad's cat (Connie the Christmas Cat) a food dish.  Mom and Dad still claim that it's not their cat...



Erin had the best wrapping...again.  We thought one of us might stand a chance with her 8 months pregnant, but no.




Last year Jeremy and I saved one small present to exchange on Christmas day.  I gave him a scarf that was $7 from Ross (that he picked out) and he surprised me with a new iPhone 5.  You can't imagine the joy this gave Rico witnessing the unevenness of the exchange.  This year, he and Erin re-enacted the same scenario just to tease us...it was pretty great!


 Christmas Eve 









Lauren and Gabe, expecting baby boy #2 in just a couple weeks!


Christmas Day





Robes all around for gifts this year



Dad had his robe for a long time!



After Pittsburgh, we headed to SLC to see Jeremy's family and some of our friends.  I was terrible at taking pictures, but hopefully will add some from other people soon!  This is at our favorite pizza place in America in Hurricane, UT of all places!




With some of our nieces and nephew: Kaden, Gracie and Ryley



Melissa, DJ and Uncle Bill





Sad to say goodbye....




No comments:

Post a Comment