Monday, February 18, 2013

Menu Planning Week Two

Menu Planning Week Two

Ok, this is what I made last week for our dinners...nothing crazy but most of it turned out really well:

1) Spaghetti with Meat Sauce - from my mother's cookbook.  Let me know if you need a good sauce recipe, this is delicious!
Baguette

2) Salad with grilled chicken and fruit.  Dressing was just a mixture of honey and lime juice, which is Jeremy's favorite.  I included apples, mango and nuts on the salad.

3) Chicken Kebabs with Salsa - I tore this out of a magazine about a year ago and have made it several times since.  This time I just cooked the chicken in the oven with the marinade instead of putting them on the skewers, I also left out the red onion.  This turns out well every time and it is pretty healthy for you!
Lime Sweet Potatoes - basically just cut of the sweet potatoes in small cubes, cover with olive oil and lime juice and roast on 450 until tender.  When the come out of the oven squirt some fresh lime juice on them, salt and a little cilantro.  We just love these potatoes!


4) Chimichangas - Jeremy's moms recipe.  I just put a mini roast in the oven on a very low temperature all day with a little water and onions and let it cook through.  Then shred the meat.  Warm some tortillas up and put a little of the meat and some cheese (we used cheddar but you could use any that you'd like in it.)  Jeremy's sister also adds some black beans but I can't find any here in France.....yet!  Then you just fry them in canola oil until they are crispy and top with whatever you would like.  I like sour cream, salsa, lettuce, etc.

5) Cafe Rio Tortilla Soup from my Pinterest page.  If you are really craving this soup and don't live near a Cafe Rio, I would HIGHLY suggest making it.  It was very, very close to the real thing and we loved it!












No comments:

Post a Comment