Monday, February 25, 2013

Menu Planning Week Three

So here is the menu from last week:

1) Spicy Thai Noodles from Pinterest.  This can get a little spicy so I added a tablespoon of peanut butter to the hot oil, honey sauce which took away some of the heat.  I have made this several times and am always happy with the outcome.  If you are only cooking for two this will last several more days for lunch and you can serve it cold.

2) Tortellini and Meat Sauce.  I basically just bought fresh store-bought spinach and cheese ravioli and made some basic meat sauce.  
Fruit Salad - I just used apples, plums and mango and poured a little lime/honey mixture on top.

3) Baked Brown Sugar Chicken from Pinterest
Roasted potatoes with olive oil and sea salt
Roasted broccoli with lemon juice and parmesan cheese


4) Sweet and Sour Chicken from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  Everything I make of hers is delicious!
Fried Rice - taken from a combination of Pinterest and the Finlinsons!

5) Linguine with Shrimp/Salmon Scampi from Pinterest (Barefoot Contessa)
Green Salad
I highly recommend this!  I cooked the shrimp and salmon separately because Jeremy doesn't like Shrimp but I would mix this as she directs because it was Good!



6) Crockpot Roast
Since we had almost no groceries because of unpacking we made a simple roast with potatoes and french onion soup packet.  Traditional, but good after church!

No comments:

Post a Comment