Friday, February 15, 2013

Menu Planning Week One

So maybe you have the same problem as me, but I like to cook but don't necessarily enjoy deciding what to make.  I have been making weekly menus to help out and doing big grocery shopping just once a week, which has been much better!  I thought I would share what I have made recently in case you want to use any of these ideas...I steal from everyone.  I mostly make things from Mel's kitchen cafe.com or my Pinterest page...though Mel's kitchen is much more reliable than Pinterest.  I also use a cookbook my mother made for me at least once a week.  Here we go...and feel free to share your ideas with me.

1) Butternut Squash stuffed Shells w/ Sage Browned Butter from www.melskitchencafe.com 
Garlic bread and Salad

2) Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin from http://foodgawker.com/post/2010/09/07/73757/ (pinterest)
Mac and Cheese and Green Beans
(I have made this a couple times, its so easy and delish!)

3) Italian Wedding Soup from Mom
Baguette and fresh Mango

4) Salmon fillets over Couscous from Mom
Green beans and Applesauce

5) Spaghetti Pie from www.melskitchencafe.com (it was ok, probably because I had to do so many substitutions since I am in France but I think kids would really like it)
Baguette and Sliced Oranges

6) Beef and Bean Taco Casserole from www.melskitchencafe.com (like un upside-down taco salad)
Sweet potatoes
PB Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from www.melskitchencafe.com


No comments:

Post a Comment