Friday, October 10, 2014

America the Beautiful

We were so excited to be "home" in America and felt that so many good things happened to us while we were there.  For months Jeremy would call and talk to his grandmother every week or so and ask her to "hold on" until he came back to SLC in August.  Her health started declining pretty quickly and it was important to us to be able to see her and say goodbye to her.  She was a wonderful lady and I wish I had a chance to know her eve more.  Her children took care of her until the last day of her life.  We are grateful for their good care of Jeremy's grandma Norma and feel privileged to have been with her the last few days of her life.  We had the chance to visit with her and sing hymns to her and all of Jeremy's siblings were able to see her before she passed on, including Tori all the way from Japan.  Many of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren visited her on a Monday evening and she died the following Thursday.  It was obvious she loved her family, even those of us who married into it!


It was also so nice to see so many of our nieces and nephews...and how they have grown....taller than me!





We had family dinner on Sunday at Kristie and Trevor's house and had to have our other "sister" Therese join with her husband Spencer! It was one of the best nights, just being with everyone that we miss so much!



The next day Lyndee, Jim and the kids were sealed in the temple.  It was a perfect day, sadly I didn't take any pictures but Greg had some taken later that day!



We were able to see many more friends while we were there, but when I'm having so much fun I sometimes forget to take pictures of them too!  These were pictures at Grandma Norma's funeral of the family at the grave sight.  It was such a nice service.  The Aunts spoke and Jeremy.  Jeremy and I played "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" on the piano and organ since his grandmother used to play duets all the time with her friend.






After we were in SLC we went to PIT to see my side of the family.  I was excited that Eloise didn't scowl at me and actually let me hold her.  She is a doll!









For Jeremy's birthday, Kerri and Erin gave him a certificate to go on the Gateway Clipper around Pittsburgh.  It was fun to be back in the 'Burgh and see how beautiful it is this time of year.





That is my Dad's "half asleep" look....



Go Steelers!




How did I marry such a cool guy!?!?!
Where Kerri works - Reed Smith, from the boat.



Eloise turned 7 months while we were there...she has many cute faces, so hard to edit any out!  I thoroughly enjoyed watching Rico try to get Ellie to look at him and the camera for the "winning shot!"








I love that she looks like she is being scolded!

On our way home, we were turned around because there was some problems with the wheels not coming up and had to go back to Pittsburgh.  It wasn't scary at all until I realized that all of the Fire trucks and emergency vehicles on the runway when we landed were for us...just in case..
That is also how we lost our luggage for three days, and then it was returned completely mangled, I am sick of buying new suitcases every 6 months....#travelerproblems!






Happy Flying to you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment