Friday, September 19, 2014

Aix, Monaco and Italy for lunch - last leg of our road trip

These are cute family pictures that Erin sent me, Eloise is 6 months old and her little scowl just cracks me up!  




Ok, back to our road trip.  After we went to Avignon we headed to Montpellier, but I've been there a few times so I didn't really have anything new to share.  The next day we stopped in Aix-en-Provence, one of my favorite places!  I wanted to do a little shopping and bought myself a provence style tablecloth (which I have been wanting since the last time we were here) and a few little Christmas gifts - including one for Becky!






After we left Aix, we drove to Monaco.  I couldn't help but think about Dwight and Janine since I know they went there years ago.  It was a beautiful place!  We had a great view of the Mediterranean and wanted to board one of the many boats and yachts we saw while we walked around.







We ate dinner at a very authentic Italian restaurant.  This woman was part owner and cook and made Jeremy a beautiful salt cooked fish.  She took it out of the salt and deboned it in about 1 minute and it was as fresh as it comes.  I had fresh made pasta with a pomodoro sauce and chunks of lobster.  It was so good, and the view was just as awesome!



At the top of this cliff is where the Prince of Monaco resides.




Somehow we ended up walking through a tunnel to get to the other side where all of the large yachts dock.  It was party-town over there and we enjoyed seeing all of the huge boats!  We were hoping to see the Jolie-Pitt family or someone famous but no such luck!











Jeremy was especially impressed with the cars in our hotel parking garage.  Maybe if you know anything about cars you might be more impressed than me at some of these!  He mostly took pics for Rico and Michael to look at....
















Our last day we drove to the closest town in Italy just to have lunch before catching our flight back to Paris.  We also thought it would be cool to wake up in Monaco, have lunch in Italy and go back to France in one afternoon.  We are weird like that!





Little cutie pie pictures from Erin this week...



No comments:

Post a Comment