Saturday, August 3, 2013

Some Southern France



The nicest part about Jeremy working in France is that he has to travel on occasion and I get to go with him.  This trip we were heading to Antibes.  Antibes is between Nice and Cannes on the Mediterranean coast.  


I figured I would bring my hat since there are only about three places in the world that it is truly acceptable to don it...and Southern France is one of those places!

The flight from Paris to Nice is only one hour, which is nice..get it, NICE?  Anyway, Jeremy had to meet two nice people for work and I got to go along.  That meant that we didn't check into our room until about 10:30 that evening.  We stayed at a decent hotel but found out when we got to our room that they don't leave the AC on in the day and it is very hot and humid here in July so needless to say we had a VERY warm sleep that night.  Luckily the next day we got to hang out at this lovely pool while Jeremy worked from his laptop.






That evening Jeremy had another business dinner and we met in Cannes.  We ate in the old part and got to do a few minutes of shopping there.  We took this picture for our good friend Therese.




The old men playing bocce ball.



This was my favorite store where we spent 15 minutes...Jeremy's limit for shopping!




I took a picture of these linens because the font reminded me of the tea towels I embroidered for Kerri's wedding shower.


A marionette and wooden clock store



Jeremy washing up after dinner



     The restaurant we ate in was up a few streets that were about 6 feet wide, pedestrian streets.  This picture below is the entire width of one of the restaurants.




After dinner we walked around a little bit and went down to the beach.  There were tons of people there with kids swimming in the sea, probably because it was still warm out but the sun was gone.  People had blankets with food and music.  We even dipped our feet in. I would highly recommend Cannes and hope to go there again to explore the newer part.  Oh, and Jeremy and I were definitely NOT part of the jewelry heist that happened that weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, la vie est belle! I am super happy that you are enjoying being in France Freddy :) . Beautiful pictures and thanks for my resto " CHEZ THERESE".
    I miss you two but I wish you much more trips like this .And please don't stop to share them with the rest of us :) .
    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat! And I love seeing all the pictures. Someday, I'll make it to France. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun! isn't great living in France? thanks for stopping by my blog. also, i've got a great giveaway of a book by a global mom who also just happens to be lds like us! she is an incredible lady and i can't wait to read her memoir of living abroad for the past 20 years with a family of 6!! if you're interested in the book or want to enter the giveaway, the details are on the blog... bisous, maria

    ReplyDelete