Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Menu Planning Week Four and Five

Some more ideas if you are in a rut....

1) Potato Soup (your favorite recipe) with a simple caprese salad

2) Salmon with Lentils from the Barefoot Contessa with homemade Crazy Bread.  This was a first time recipe for me and delicious and easy, if you want the recipe I'll send it to ya!

3) Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Citrus Curry Dressing from a salad recipe book I have, pretty good!

4) Coca Cola Peach BBQ Pork Chops from Waffles N Beans with mashed potatoes and a green salad. This was my favorite recipe in a while and so easy to make!

5) Chicken Artichoke Casserole with Salad and a Baguette.  I got this from a choir cookbook and it was a great weeknight meal!

6) Cafe Rio Pork Salad with Cilantro Rice and homemade Salsa.  There are a million recipes for this on pinterest and I would highly recommend it.  We had the missionaries over and they were both from Utah so I figured they would like a taste of home.  It pretty much did the trick, though you can't find a few ingredients here in France, like green chiles in a can.

7) Chicken Cheese Steaks - I made this up by just sauteing peppers, onions and mushrooms in a little butter and then put thinly sliced deli chicken in the pan until it was golden and then put it all on a baguette.  It hit the spot since I was craving mall cheese steaks!

8) Meatloaf (your favorite, I use my mom's individual cheddar meatloaf recipe) with French Onion Rice Casserole and steamed veggies

9) Creamy Chicken Rotini with Honey Glazed Carrots.  Both of these are my mother's recipes and the Rotini makes enough for either a whole family or two meals with leftovers.  It is easy and I love it!

10) Thanksgiving craving - Turkey breast, seared and then finished in the oven, Sweet Potatoes and Green beans


This is what mushrooms look like when you buy them in France, no just dusting off the dirt, they are literally straight from the ground!
If you want any of these recipes I can email them or post them, but I love different ideas for dinner so hope this inspires you!

2 comments:

  1. You need to try the chicken scallopine and parmesan roasted potatoes recipes that I just posted. They were both really good! Also, I would like the recipe for the French onion rice casserole - that sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy mackerel, you are cooking up a storm over there girl! Don't tell Brett, he'd be totally jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete