Tuesday, March 19, 2013

French School



So I haven't blogged in a couple weeks because I started French school at Alliance Francaise.  It is quite the experience!  For some reason I assumed when I arrived that it would be a similar experience to high school French class where the teacher puts a verb or phrase on the board and then tells you what it means and then you practice saying and writing it.  I was shocked the first day when I walked in and our teacher (Madame Renard) only spoke French.  I don't know why I assumed every other student would also speak English.  Our class is VERY diverse.  Here is the round-up:  Lorena - from Argentina, Carrie - Texan (sort of American), Alexandra (I want to kill her, she is a combo of Brittney Spears and Paris Hilton dumb! Truly what the French call "an ugly American" because of her behavior), Rajee - Indian, Irina from the Ukraine, Diana - Bulgarian, Daniella - Portugese, Omar from Yemen, Maria from Japan, but she speaks Spanish?, Juan David from Columbia, Danielle from Brazil, Katerina from Vladivostok, and Moi!  It is craziness when we try to talk during the breaks!  Class is 3 days a week for 3 hours a day.  I have only had 2 weeks but I think I am getting better.  I also understand better, but really just out of survival to understand what we have to do for homework!  I have two more weeks and then I'll take a little break!  Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. I hope your French class is still going well. It's been awhile since I've checked your blog. I'm really proud of you for taking the class and making the commitment to learn while you're there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete