Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fastest Dinner Ever!

Yesterday I really was not in the mood to cook so I waited until the last possible second to make dinner...and I really did not have time to do anything fancy but here is what I came up with...and I got to use my own tomatoes and basil from my small garden....and it turned out to be my favorite meal in a while:


1/2 lb Angel Hair Pasta
3 cloves Garlic
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Medium Tomatoes
Basil
Salt
Pepper
Fresh mozzarella cheese

Boil Pasta as per package minus one minute with lots of salt in the water.  While pasta is cooking you can make the rest of the meal.  Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the garlic ( I just chopped it up), cook for about three minutes.  In the meantime chop up the tomatoes and basil.  After the three minutes add the tomatoes and half the basil (about 2 Tbsp and reserve about 1 Tbsp).  Cook that with salt and pepper to taste for the remainder of the time of the pasta.  Drain the pasta and throw it into the tomato "sauce" and cook for another 4-5 minutes so the pasta soaks up the flavor.  I also put the rest of the basil in and break up the mozzarella cheese on top so that it melts....Delish and less than 14 minutes!  Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment