Saturday, October 12, 2013

Villandry Chateau - Oh if I had a garden...

The third and final chateau we stopped at with Jim and Lyndee was Villandry.  It was my new favorite, only because of the gardens.  As you can see, the Chateau itself isn't all that special, in fact, we didn't even go in.  But the gardens are to DIE for!  I think we also lucked out because we were there during harvest, so all of the fruits and vegetables were in full bloom.  Check out some pics:





I loved that there were many levels to the garden with different themes.  This is overlooking the vegetable and flower gardens.

Cabbage was oddly enough the prettiest!
















Cute little garden "shed"...they have classes in there now.


There was even a garden for children with a playground, it was very cute!


The herb garden

There were arbors all over the place...Jeremy was practicing a little martial arts?!?




After visiting the gardens we ate at this cute Italian restaurant.  I thought the decorations were cute, they had fabric leaves on branches.


Walking to the car, we saw this adorable farmers market vending machine.  I thought my sister Kerri would especially love this!




No comments:

Post a Comment