Friday, July 19, 2013

Four Score and Seven Years Ago...


we went on a road trip to Gettysburg.  It has been a tradition in my family to go to Ocean City, NJ for vacation since I was born.  We went almost every year growing up and now try to go every two years with our family and the Fergies.  This year, Jeremy and I flew into Pittsburgh and drove with my parents to the beach but stopped in Gettysburg for the night since Jeremy has never been and really wanted to go.  We had a good time and my dad as a personal tour guide.


My dad's favorite stop on the way to Gettysburg

This is a candy shop/elephant paraphernalia/ garden....an obvious combination!  My dad takes his students here to run amok and get a sugar high before Gettysburg.




My mom did some pretty great poses on this little road trip...!






A few miles down the road we came to Gettysburg.  We watched a movie and saw the diorama of the Civil War and then went to some of the sights.







The Pennsylvania Monument...the best one, of course!
Our friend Abe




We climbed to the top of this to get a good view, it was actually a little frightening since it was all open.










We ate at the inn where the Gettysburg movie people would eat after a day of filming.  There was this cute little wall with birdhouses outside of the restaurant.







No comments:

Post a Comment