Monday, June 10, 2013

Slovenia and Venice Birthday Trip - Part Two

My actual birth day was spent in Venice.  I have been there once before but always wanted to go back with my true love and ride in a gondola and roam the tiny canals.  So, that is what we did.  We had the chance to stay in the area where the people live and it was nice to get away from the millions of tourists that were there.  


From our gondola







Inside St. Marks, we weren't technically permitted to take pictures but after I saw the 85th person take a shot, I thought I would take the risk


Remember the movie "Only You" with Marissa Tomei...they stayed here, we would have liked to stay here...maybe after we reach our first million!



If you don't eat gelato every day when visiting Italy you have to pay a serious fine before leaving...so we did our part.

It was a lovely weekend and I am thankful to my husband for taking me there, I feel truly spoiled!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun birthday week-end. I loved Slovenia too. It's my list of places I'd like to see again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete