Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Au revoir Paris

Though it was a year earlier than we thought, the time came to say goodbye to Paris.  Here are a few of the last days and some of the things we will miss from our 2+ years.

If we ever moved to Paris again, we would definitely get ourselves some scooters.  Having the chance to take the Halls' Vespa for a bit was some of the most fun we had while living there!  It was a little large for me to ride by myself but so fun riding around with my cute husband!



One place I should've taken more pictures of was the American Hospital of Paris.  I spent a lot of time there (which is the subject for another blog post) but after a procedure in the hospital, this is what the French think is a good meal.  I thought it was a crack up but since it wasn't my first time there I came prepared with soda crackers, a more obvious choice for me!  They offered a buttery croissant, madeleine cake and roll, a cookie and unsweetened yogurt - does that scream post-surgery to anyone else but the French?...probably not!
#wheresthemacaron


I took this for my friend Taylor.  He absolutely loved this dessert when we went to Southern France several years ago.  It is basically a brioche bread stuffed with delicious custard.  We found this little stand in the train station in Paris with three different flavors, delish!



Just an ordinary walk home for Jeremy from work - the Champs Elysees!



Jeremy and his work colleagues at Versailles


One of our favorite things we did was to have the missionaries over on Monday evenings with other people from church.  This was our last time with some of our favorite missionaries and people!

Elder Tai                         Anna Goreeba




Consuelo, Gina and Rosario - our dear Filipino friends

Elder Teh


Doesn't the French countryside look like gold when in bloom?




The last Sunday was the church primary program - I will miss these cute kiddies and their forgiveness of me as I stumbled over the French language every week!  Do you know how humbling it is to have an eleven year old act as your translator?  haha!



And of course I will miss these beautiful girls - all of them!!!!!


Claire might have been one of the most sincerely nice people that I have ever met, I will miss her greatly!


Do you know that in 2 1/2 years Jeremy had never been to Sacre Coeur or the top of the Eiffel tower? We took care of that in the last week we lived there, and luckily it was a nice day and evening even though it was November!

Obligatory adorable Eloise pics



Moving day from our little French cottage!




Our piano

It was bitter sweet to say "au revoir" to Rue de Longchamp.  Jeremy and I look at it as one of the most challenging two years of our life and one in which we really grew and were stretched immensely.  While we will miss all of the dear people and beautiful things about Europe, we are more than excited to get back to North America!...better start practicing the Canadian national anthem!






































No comments:

Post a Comment