Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chaka Khan Park

You may start to get sick of all of my garden pictures but I can't help that there are so many lovely gardens here in France.  Jeremy and I aren't really museum people, which is good since you can't really take a lot of pictures in museums anyway!  We had a friend recommend this museum/garden to us and decided to check it out this past Saturday.  It did not disappoint!  The actual name of it is Musee Albert Kahn...but it was easier to call it the Chaka Kahn park or Genghis Kahn park.  This little garden was lovely....






This is for Taylor....who spent endless amounts of time taking close-ups of flowers when we were in Europe together... 

We had to pull down the green leaves around this flower to get a good shot!


So you can tell that it was all lovely, but then we walked into the best part of all...it was like a dream when you are a kid!  In America they would have many fences around the water but in France, they just don't care about law suits...and thank heaven for that!



There are actually two Japanese bridges here



Then I discovered my new favorite tree of all time.  Pictures really don't do it justice and if anyone knows what kind of tree it is I will be ever so obliged.  It had long, long vines of leaves, not really leaves on branches.  When you walked under the tree it made a complete canopy or tent around you.  I really wish they would let you have picnics under there...  Now next time I get one of those pass around books from Elementary school with all of your favorite questions, instead of putting "Dogwood" as my favorite tree, I am going to write "Kahn canopy tree."



View of my favorite tree from the top of that red flower overlook.

Stepping stones across the water




We left a little shout-out in the guest book...he he!



4 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful! I think we could frame some of those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your garden pictures are certain to become woven into my happy dreams. Oh, and I think the tree is a weeping willow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so do you know what the white flowers are? They look like stephanotis, but with yellow stamens... but not really. Really pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this garden! The lack of kid proofing is what kids would enjoy most. Your favorite tree looks very much like a weeping willow. Our neighbors in Iowa had a weeping willow and I pretended many fantasies under the canopy. I wonder if your tree is the swanky French cousin of the not-so-sophisticated American weeping willow. By the way, the weeping willow boughs make great whips, but you probably didn't test this out in the French garden.

    ReplyDelete